yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-26 00:52 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
First Lady, Mrs. Sandra?Granger, yesterday presented certificates to 26 women from?Mahaica-Berbice (Region Five) who graduated from her fifth Self Reliance and Success in Business Workshop.In her address at the graduation ceremony, held at the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR) Office in Rosignol, the First Lady said she is heartened by the response to the seminar.“It is always a pleasure to feel the energy and excitement at the end of these workshops. I am sure you, the women feel much more confident now and I hope that when you leave, you take whatever you learn,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, back to the communities,” Mrs. Granger said.The workshop, which aims to empower women to become self-reliant, was initiated under the auspices of the Office of the First Lady, with support from the Ministry of Social Protection and the Ministry of Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs.Ms. Janice Whyte, a Management and Financial Analyst at the Regional Democratic Council (RDC), who delivered the feature address, told the graduates to ensure that they put what they have learnt into practice.“Take what you do seriously. You cannot expect to be effective and successful unless you believe in what you are doing,Authentic Jerseys Cheap,” she said. Ms. Whyte further urged them to utilise their skills and training not only to develop themselves, but their communities as well.The participants praised the workshop, noting that they have now been provided with the skills?to grow and develop their businesses so that they can enjoy a better standard of living.Ms. Britney Nestor,Cheap Jerseys For Wholesale, a participant, said: “It feels [good] to be empowered. This now enables me to manage my money better and [has taught me] how I can do promotions to promote my business, so I feel good. This will really help me to move forward with my business.”Mrs. Granger receives a locally made, embroidered pillowcase from one of the ladies who benefitted from the five-day workshopFirst lady, Mrs. Sandra Granger presents a certificate of completion to one of the recipients of the Self Reliance and Success in Business workshop held for Region Five women.Ms. Lynda Todd,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, from Tempe Village, said that while she manages her own business, the workshop has now taught her how to promote it.“I learnt how to market what I sell and how to promote my business…I want to say thank you to the First Lady and the Ministers because it was definitely worth the while. I will be taking back whatever I have learnt here, over the past days, to my community and hopefully I can share with a lot of people.”The workshop was first launched at Good Hope, East Coast Demerara, with 12 women, and was later taken to Blue Berry Hill, Linden; Lethem, Upper Takutu-Upper Essequibo (Region Nine); Mabaruma, Barima-Waini (Region One) before it reached Rosignol.The sessions are being conducted by Mr. Wayne Barrow of Interweave Solutions, who said that at the end of the training, the women will be empowered to manage a small business,Mens Nike Free Run, develop small business plans,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, and write grant proposals, among other skills.We did it! The women beam with pride as they display their certificates after the graduation ceremony. First Lady, Mrs. Sandra Granger is pictured seated, centreInterweave Solutions is a non-governmental organisation that helps local organisations and congregations in developing countries to determine their own destinies by providing them with the necessary training to implement and promote their own business plans.The other graduates are Ms. Euclin Abrams, Ms. Coreen August, Ms. Nichola Bacchus, Ms. Thornzia Benjamin, Ms. Lolita Chesney, Ms. Donette Cummings, Ms. Abiola Daniels, Ms. Stacey Fraser, Ms. Cordella Halley, Ms. Louisa Haynes, Ms. Shurva Isaacs, Ms. Melissa King,Cheap Jerseys From China Outlet, Ms. Simonica London,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Wholesale, Ms.? Ann Joseph Marks, Ms. Ruth McFarlane, Ms. Nina McKenzie, Ms. Tumika Ms. Pherson-Lewis, Ms. Amanda Mingo, Ms. Sherrol Mingo, Ms. Reneque Mitchell, Ms. Jennifer Monah, Ms. Britney Nestor, Ms. Carlyn Peters, Ms. Feona Robinson, Ms. Lynda Todd and Ms. Alexis Wray.To date, over 120 women have completed the programme and are on their way to establishing themselves as successful small businesses owners. (A Ministry of the Presidency release)

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-26 02:32 
Last Saturday, the Environmental Community Health Organization (ECHO) managed a tour of seventy-five (75) children and twenty (20) teachers and other officials, to the Skeldon Sugar Estate and Nand Persaud Co. Ltd.,Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes, in Region Six.According to the organizers, it was part of a wider programme to educate the children on the challenges and opportunities embedded in climate change. Noting this balance is crucial to the sustainable development of our local communities. This tour was supported by PAHO/WHO and other local businesses.The objective was to provide an opportunity for the children to see, the kinds of technologies employed within the agricultural industry, at the regional and national levels.As a result, the organization presented that opportunity to its eco-students. The children were drawn from nine participating public primary schools: – Cornelia Ida,China Jerseys Free Shipping, Leonora, Meten-Meer-Zorg, Stella Maris, St Margaret’s,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, J.E. Burnham, St Andrews,NFL Jerseys From China, Ketley and Agricola.At Nand Persaud milling, the children were quite excited by the massive operations there. They received snacks and samples of rice.Also, at the Skeldon Sugar Estate, the children were well received. They had a close look at the spanking new facility and were told of its construction and purpose.ECHO in a release thanked both General Managers for the kindness which they accorded the children and all members,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, while PAHO/WHO was recognized for its substantial contribution to the tour as well as other projects carried out by ECHO. It was noted that the members are tremendously encouraged by the support PAHO/WHO has been giving to the cause of environmental health and the fight against climate change.Earlier this year, the Environmental Community Health Organization,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, in collaboration with PAHO/WHO and the Ministry of Education, launched the “schools in Action against Climate Change” project, in schools in regions 3 and 4.The objectives of the project are:?To raise awareness on climate change in nine public primary schools within six months.?To explain to the children the need for a positive attitude to fight climate change.?To train 150 children to take leadership on environmental issues.?To reduce litter by 50% in six public primary schools in Georgetown within six months.Eco-clubs have already been set up in the selected schools. These clubs would encourage children to get involved in real environmental activities, including cleanups, raising public awareness about climate change, reducing, reusing, and recycling waste materials,NFL Jerseys China, greening their school yards, using water efficiently, restricting the use of plastic and Styrofoam in their schools, environmental tours, debates, exchange programmes,NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, marches, letter writing to local newspapers, radio/television talks and other activities.Training of eco-club leaders and club members has already commenced.

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-26 03:03 
– appeals to public to take proactive, responsible actionThe Central Committee of the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) at a meeting on Saturday slammed the recent moves by the parliamentary opposition to slash the $208.8 billion 2013 National Budget by 15 per cent.This disclosure was made yesterday by Executive Secretary of the party, Zulfikar Mustapha,NFL Jerseys Outlet, during a press conference at Freedom House,wholesale jerseys, Robb Street, Georgetown.From left: PPP’s Romel Roopnarine, Anil Nandlall, Zulfikar Mustapha and Indra Chandarpal during yesterday’s press conference.Describing the $31 billion cuts as “reckless and indiscriminate”, Mustapha said that those in attendance at the meeting expressed their immense disappointment but at the same time were high in praise for the “robust and convincing” way in which Finance Minister,Jerseys NFL China, Dr. Ashni Singh, defended the budget in the National Assembly.Also speaking at yesterday’s press conference was President of the Women’s Progressive Organisation (WPO), Ms. Indra Chandarpal,Cheap China Jerseys, who said that the body is deeply concerned at the parliamentary alliance of A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) and the Alliance for Change (AFC), “to deny our nation and people of over $30 billion in investment contained in the PPP/C 2013 budget.”In alluding to the $5.2 billion cut to the Guyana Power and Light Incorporated, Chandarpal noted that it is very worrying. She pointed to the fact that the WPO’s membership consists of primarily grassroots women across the country who are among those likely to be affected.She said that the parliamentary opposition was well informed that without critical injection of resources from Government the power company will be left with no option but to increase its rate to consumers.“This will no doubt have a tremendous negative impact on middle and low income families, particularly single parent households,” said Chandarpal. “The WPO finds it astonishing that our opposition has already imbued themselves with the power to slash budgets on the premise that they are not provided with sufficient information but on the other hand we are saturated in the media by the many questions they asked of the Government side for which they are obligated to provide the relevant answers.”Chandarpal described the opposition’s move as “suspicious” as according to her it has conveniently ignored the parliamentary mechanism of accountability and transparency.She noted that the WPO is convinced that the parliamentary opposition has embarked on an unrestrained campaign of economic sabotage by starving Guyanese,Wholesale Jerseys, particularly the vulnerable,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, of much needed resources.“Surely this alliance sees a political opportunity by undermining our development and a return to economic ruin,” added the WPO President.She shared her belief that the moves to slash funding to major projects which were intended to make Guyana more investor friendly are now likely to deter potential investors, a notion that was amplified by Attorney General, Anil Nandlall yesterday.“There can be no justification for Guyanese to be kept in a state of underdevelopment, even more so when the resources are available. The actions of the opposition are designed to affect Guyanese of all walks of life, irrespective of race,NFL Jerseys Cheap, religion, economic status or political affiliation,” said Chandarpal.Moreover,NFL Jerseys Cheap, she voiced an appeal to the public yesterday to utilise responsible but proactive measures in ensuring that the parliamentary opposition becomes aware of “your strong rejection of their anti-nationalistic behaviour and the fact that we will not stand idly by and watch the unravelling of the gains we have all worked hard to achieve up to this point in our nation’s history.”

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-26 05:47 
…residents blame road for? deathA father of four was on Friday electrocuted during an apparent freak accident on Burma Road,Jerseys NFL China,Dead: Deonarine RamdeenMahaicony, East Coast Demerara.Deonarine Ramdeen,China Jerseys, 33, of Airy Hall,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, Mahaicony was heading to Satch Rice Mill with a backup generator on the badly damaged Burma road when the generator in his truck moved to one side, forcing him to park at GPDB research centre, where he met his death.His brother, Davanand Ramdeen,Cheap NFL Jerseys From China, said that night caught up with his brother on the road,cheap jerseys online, and while he was heading to the rice mill, the generator slipped to one size.He eventually called the manager at Satch Rice Mill to request permission to park the truck in the GPDB compound for the night.“It was already late and then he had a long way to go on the road which has a lot of potholes, he decide to park there before the generator fall down,” the brother said.After permission was granted, the now dead Ramdeen parked in the compound. He then climbed to the top of the truck to cover the generator with a tarpaulin.Little did he know that there was a Guyana Power and Light connection where he had bent to tuck the tarpaulin.“When he raise up, his neck jam the wire and he fell in the truck tray,Wholesale NHL Jerseys China,” his brother said.He added that a GPDB’s security guard saw a little spark and a little later found the man’s body.Ramdeen’s family was informed and he was rushed to the Mahaicony Cottage Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.Angry relatives and neighbours blamed the road for Deonarine Ramdeen’s death. They said that if the road was good,NFL Jerseys Cheap, he would have gone straight to Satch Rice Mill.Kaieteur News was told that over the years,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Authentic, numerous rice trucks have turned over on the said road. They claimed numerous complaints were made but nothing was done.The Burma road on which many trucks have toppled.A resident said that there is a particular contractor who normally bids low at tender board.“Because he bid low, they give him the contract and he do sheer nonsense with the road.”Another resident stressed that every time the contractor finishes repair works on the road it will start to deteriorate after a month. (Romila Boodram).