yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-3 18:04 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Attorney General Basil Williams sought to set the record straight yesterday regarding the controversy surrounding the acquisition of the two plots of land on Middle and Carmichael Streets owned by Guyana’s High Commissioner to Canada,Attorney General,Basil WilliamsClarissa Riehl and her husband, and the Beharry Group of Companies.His comments come on the heels of accusations that he was covertly trying to acquire the private lands for the expansion of his ministry.Prior to his statement to the media yesterday, the Minister had said that this was a situation he inherited from the former regime. But the Opposition has since denied this claim and challenged Williams to bring the evidence to support his statements.Nevertheless, Williams told the media yesterday that the APNU+AFC Government has pledged, and will continue to uphold the rule of law in all that it does.The Minister of Legal Affairs stressed that any acquisition of the land could not be accomplished without the owners’ knowledge or affording them the opportunity to enter into negotiations for the purchase of the land before any acquisition could be occasioned.Williams said that the two lots have no building or erections. He said, too,Cheap Jerseys From China, that it is relevant to note that the PPP/C Government passed in 2001, the Acquisition for Public Purposes (Amendment) Act 2001 which says, “….it shall…be lawful under this Act to acquire land for the proposed construction of a public work or for a public purpose whether or not there is any building or erection on such land.”With this in mind, the Attorney General said, “Now I don’t want the Guyanese people to believe that I entrapped (former Minister of Legal Affairs Anil) Nandlall or his Party. But any lawyer worth his salt would first seek to read the relevant law on the subject and not be hysterical after leaping into darkness.”The Minister stressed that the relevant law enables him to declare a work,Cheap NFL Jerseys, a public work.He said that Section 4 of the Act, empowers the Minister by order, to authorize the Commissioner of Lands or any other person, their agents, servants or workmen to enter upon any land specified in the order for the purpose of surveying or otherwise examine it with a view to the acquisition of the whole or part of it for the construction of a public work.He said that in Section 5 of the Act, the authorized person is empowered to enter upon and survey and take levels of any land where the public works are intended to be executed; or to dig or bore into the sub-soil of such land,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, or to do all other acts necessary to ascertain whether the land is adapted to the purpose.Williams said that one could consider that the provisions of sections 4 and 5 speak to a scoping mission.He continued,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic, “Section 6 provides that the report of the authorized person together with a plan of the land must be laid before the Minister, who after considering them may enter into negotiations for the purchase of the land or if for any reason he deems it advisable, may by order, declare that the land or any part thereof is required for a public work, and may alter or annul any order so made.”The Attorney General said that it is manifest in this legal framework that the first option is to engage the owners on the question of a voluntary sale before resorting to compulsory acquisition.He said that for the “Nandlalls” and “Ramotars” of this world to accuse him compulsory acquiring the lands in question and blindsiding Mrs. Riehl, shows a blatant lack of knowledge of the law and an affinity for premature eruptions.The Minister of Legal Affairs then referred to Section 8 of the law which ensures that an owner’s land cannot be acquired by covertness.According to the law, “When an order is made under section 4 or section 6, notice thereof shall be served personally on the proprietor or his attorney if either is resident in Guyana and if he is not so resident or cannot be found shall be considered duly served if it is published in the gazette and in one local newspaper and a copy is also affixed upon a conspicuous part of the land.”Williams emphasized that as Attorney General he will always endeavour to follow the letter of the law. He said that to indulge or engage land owners whose lands are under consideration, with a view to their acquisition,Wholesale Jerseys USA, on the question of purchasing them by private sale, could open one to severe recrimination,Discount NFL Jerseys, if not done under the protection of a section 4 order, as was published in the gazette on the 24th September, 2016.In this reg

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-3 20:32 
Today,Cheap Jerseys From China, Ms. Matilda Lewis will be 112 years old, making her the oldest living person in Guyana and in South America. She is only one of 76 people older than 110 years on the planet.But as the years build up, Ms. Lewis says that while she is alive and thanks God for that,NFL Jerseys China, she is becoming burdensome to the people who take care of her.While none of them mind,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, she said, she feels very sorry for them.“I can’t do much for myself and I know they don’t mind taking care of me but I feel very helpless at times,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping,” she said as she sat in her wheelchair.Lewis has been living at the Salvation Army Women’s home,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, Bent and Haley Streets, Wortmanville, for the past 16 years.Yesterday, members of St. Andrew’s Kirk held a service for her at the Salvation Army home where she now resides.Dressed in a white shirt and a blue long skirt with blue slippers on her feet, Ms. Lewis, while being wheeled out of her room began signing. “She is only 71 today.”Despite her age, Ms. Lewis still has a good sense of humour and she had all her visitors laughing yesterday.“In his own time, God will take me. But I have reached the stage now of ‘once a man twice a child’. I never thought I would have lived so long,” Ms. Lewis said.The elderly woman, who is now blind, was never married and never had any children.“The pain in the joints is too much now but only God knows what he is doing,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, by his grace I am still alive.”Speaking with Kaieteur News the matron of the home, said that Ms. Lewis is in good health despite her age.She said that Ms. Lewis does not have any major health problems. The toll of old age is her only complaint.Happy Birthday to Ms. Lewis from the management and staff of Kaieteur News!

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-3 22:25 
– hands tied behind head, telephone cord strapped around neckShock waves rippled through the quiet, close-knit community of Enmore, East Coast Demerara (ECD) yesterday, as news circulated about the brutal murder of one of the area’s elderly residents.Sixty-four year-old Prampattie Ramsundar called ‘Aunty Daro’ who resided at lot 88 Second Street, Newtown, was found dead in the lower flat of her two-storey house around 10:45 hours.Ramsundar, who lived alone, was discovered lying on her kitchen floor with a telephone cord tied around her neck and her hands bound behind the head, by her younger sister,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Indra Puran.Dead 64 year-old Prampattie Ramsundar. Puran made the discovery after calls to Ramsundar’s phone went unanswered and she decided to visit the home. According to Puran,Cheap Jerseys From China, her sister was expected to visit her place of business in Plaisance early yesterday morning but failed to show up.“I kept calling the landline and I couldn’t get her and she is always on time, so I decided to come to see what happened since I called a neighbour and the neighbour said they didn’t see her for the morning.”The woman related that when she arrived at her sister’s home she knew something was amiss since she called but got no answer.“I check around then went upstairs and the front door was opened so I went in and started to call. I checked the washroom area but she wasn’t there.”Puran related that she then decided to check the lower flat of the building and it was then she made the shocking discovery.“I look down the inside step leading to the downstairs and I saw her lying on the ground with her hands tied and a cord around her neck.”Kaieteur News was told by one neighbour who identified herself as “Annie Lall” that at about 03:00 hours yesterday she heard screams coming from the woman’s house but did not venture out.Another neighbor told this publication that she too heard the screams and peeked through her window and called out for the woman but got no response.“I look through de window and call, but she ain’t answer, and I see she front door open so I seh to meself that she mussy come downstairs to use de toilet.” However, according to the woman, about an hour after she again checked on her neighbour but noticed that her door was closed.“I see de door close I say she mussy gone back upstairs but then I hear like somebody get slam into a door or something but I didn’t tek if fuh anything.”Meanwhile,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, the dead woman’s sister told this newspaper that in excess of $500,000 in cash is now missing from the house.“I do business overseas and I would normally send my money to her and when I come in the country she would bring it to me,”The woman said she last spoke to her sister around 22:00 hours Monday as they were making arrangement to drop off the cash.“I spoke to her and she told me that she wasn’t feeling well,NFL Jerseys China, her blood pressure was a little high so she would bring it today, but when I didn’t see her come I knew something was wrong.”The police tracker dog followed a scent from the crime scene to a house located two corners away.Puran related that her sister was a very private person and never discussed her business with anyone.“Last night she give me details where she had the money… where her keys were… everything she told me.”The woman said that there was no forced entry to her sister’s house, suggesting that the woman knew her attacker,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, as she willingly opened her door. The woman’s house was ransacked and there were ashes in her home suggesting that her attackers were smoking in the house.Puran said her sister only had problems with one man who lives in the community whom she had rented a property to.“This man use to always pick trouble with her and she made reports to the station.”Another neighbour told this publication that Ramsundar had confided in her that someone would always call her telephone cursing her and threatening her. “Dem like dem ain’t know she got caller ID, so she find out is who and she went to de police and it was dem same boy who does rent a house from she.”Meanwhile police at the location were using a tracker dog to comb the area. The dog led investigators to a house some two corners away from the dead woman’s home. This newspaper was told that the house is occupied by the very man who was always abusive to Ransundar. However at the time no one was at home.According to sources close to the investigations, the woman may have been sexually assaulted during the attack as her undergarments were halfway down her legs.Residents who spoke to this publication stated that Prampattie Ramsundar was a very kind,

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-4 08:07 
Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee has said that he is still to receive an extradition warrant for Barry Dataram, who has been accused of exporting cocaine into the United States. Dataram was arrested earlier this year on a provisional warrant of arrest, pending extradition proceedings,Cheap World Cup Jerseys, which were requested by the United States of America.?However,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, lawyers successfully challenged the warrant and secured Dataram’s release on an order by Justice Jainarayan Singh.Dataram was re-arrested two weeks ago at Patentia, West Bank Demerara, for allegedly breaching a court order which stipulated that he reports to the police station on Mondays and Fridays.This order should have being directed by acting Police Commissioner Henry Greene,NFL Jerseys China, but the lawyers for Dataram are claiming that no such direction was given by the acting Commissioner.Attorneys-at-Law Vic Puran and Glenn Hanoman, who are representing Dataram, sought to challenge the arrest, but they were too late since Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton had issued a provisional warrant which they contend is “null and void” and that their client’s arrest was unlawful.The provisional warrant was later signed on Tuesday by Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton, despite relentless objections by the defence. The lawyers had initially indicated a move to the High Court for a writ of habeas corpus. The warrant subsequently overtook the writ.The lawyers further deliberated about the rights of every citizen and the invaluable right to be heard and protected by the state. Puran posited that the “devil himself” is entitled to a hearing,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, and he asked why Dataram is not given this opportunity.Lead attorney Vic Puran had stated that even if a provisional warrant is ordered, the courts are bonded by the state to provide each citizen with fairness.Dataram wants to be heard, according to Puran, and should be given his fundamental right of “speech”,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, and this is an immeasurable violation to his constitutional rights by the Guyana Police Force. He further mentioned that the courts cannot receive a biased account from those who now seek a provisional warrant.According to Puran,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, the prosecution violated a court order which stated that Dataram should not have been arrested until a valid warrant had been obtained. This order was granted by Justice Jainarine Singh.

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-4 16:11 
– urges employees to return to work before negotiations continueThe Ministry of Labour has lashed out at the unions of the University of Guyana (UG) for not seeking its intervention at an earlier stage.This is according to a statement issued by Chief Labour Officer, Charles Ogle,China Jerseys Cheap, in a letter addressed only to President of the University of Guyana Workers’ Union (UGWU), Mr. Bruce Haynes, and carbon copied to Vice Chancellor Professor Jacob Opadeyi.The Unions – the UGWU and University of Guyana Senior Staff Association (UGSSA) – had earlier this week requested intervention from President Donald Ramotar and the Ministry of Labour to conciliate a breakdown of negotiations for improved salaries and other benefits. Negotiations reportedly collapsed between the University’s negotiating team and the unions, resulting in the latter resorting to industrial action. And the unions have said that intensified strike action will continue until a resolution is realized.But according to Ogle in his missive, “We take note of the current industrial action which was organized and executed by the Unions operating at the University of Guyana, Turkeyen Campus, and bring to your attention the following: While the Ministry of Labour did intervene in the 2012 strike and did participate in the brokering of Terms of Resumption, it was agreed that if the matters were not adequately resolved,Cheap Jerseys, the matter should have been taken to conciliation.”“I wish to emphasize that those Terms of Resumption are not unending or indefinite. I do believe that there was adequate time to move those matters to the Ministry of Labour since 2012 if they were not adequately resolved at the bilateral level.”Ogle observed too, that “when the Union perceived that they were not getting through in their talks with the University of Guyana administration,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, they did not seek the intervention of the Ministry of Labour, and proceeded,Jerseys Wholesale, as a first resort, at the beginning of this semester with threats and industrial action in breach of all established industrial relations procedures.”The Chief Labour Officer also pointed out that when negotiations resumed this year with the expectation of a full resumption of work, the “unions” rejected the university’s offers and instead escalated industrial actions.He underscored that not only did they again not seek intervention of the Ministry of Labour, but they proceeded to continue industrial actions.The Ministry, according to Ogle, is also unaware that the issues that have led to ongoing industrial action are the same that were part of the 2012 Terms of Resumption.? Moreover, the Chief Labour Officer has urged the unions to “Please note that this does not accord with good industrial relations practices, and while the Ministry has always been sympathetic to the interests of workers, we would equally request unions and workers to follow the normal and recognized industrial relations practices.”As such, Ogle said,wholesale jerseys, “notwithstanding, these apparent lapses on the part of the unions, the Ministry would like to have the issues in contention resolved to the satisfaction of both parties, and to play whatever mediation role is required in the process at the appropriate time.”“We will ensure that there is no victimization of workers,” was the stated assurance of the Chief Labour Officer.As the official response from the Ministry of Labour,Cheap NHL Jerseys, Ogle’s letter went on to make a number of pledges, all of which will be benefited from on a conditional basis.Moreover, Ogle noted that the Ministry is supporting the University administration’s call for employees to first resume work. “We have contacted the University of Guyana administration which is adamant that full resumption and normalcy must prevail before any meeting could be held with the workers and their representative bodies,” Ogle noted in his letter.And it was expected that the workers would have returned to work at 08:00 hours yesterday, a notion that the UGWU and the University of Guyana Senior Staff Association (UGSSA) have categorically rejected.Ogle nevertheless, pointed out in his correspondence that the call to resume work is one that is supported by time-honoured and established industrial relations customs, practices and behaviour. Had the workers resumed work as requested, Ogle said, there would have been “no break in service and the status quo ante will prevail.”He noted too, that the Ministry was prepared to invite the parties concerned to have conciliatory talks following further negotiations with the University, if there is no resolution be