無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2435
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-7 00:22 
By Sunita SamarooThey have been married for the past seven years and apart from her young daughter, at times, the only testimony of their bond has been a battered face and memories of countless traumatic experiences.Domestic ViolenceIn fact, this September would have marked eight years since they joined in holy matrimony. But Nancy (not her real name) wants out.Now living with her mother, this woman says she will never feel the same and though she is fighting to move on, the experiences she had with Greg (not his real name) will haunt her.To the outsider, this family looked happy, but life at home wasn’t so pretty. Soon after they got married, verbal abuse and temper tantrums flared and the physical abuse came later, leaving her at a loss to explain why her husband, a Police Sergeant, was doing this.Nancy tells that there are many medical documents lodged with the police, but beyond lip service from officials, nothing has ever been done. Their words, that she had wed Greg for better or for worse, are ones that she remembers like yesterday.Struggling as an abuse victim for years, Nancy is now rebuilding her life.She describes the experience as one marred by stress and continuous pain and among her worries, she admitted to Kaieteur News, is her daughter’s future.In fact, Nancy said concerns over her daughter’s future are what drove her to get out.“I worried about her and growing up thinking this is right. For her to see a man hitting me, she can’t grow up thinking it’s alright for a man to beat her, because her mother used to be beaten by her father.? I don’t want her to grow up thinking it. I don’t want her to fall into that pattern,” she remarked.“I had enough…He tried to kill me so many times,” she said.Nancy says a single figure on the amount of times she was battered by Greg would be hard to draw, but her advice to women is to get out before it’s too late.“Women, you need to start loving yourself. Start choosing you first. Don’t stay in it because of your children. By the end of the day, they have lives of their own that they will attend to. Get out, because it’s the right thing to do. You deserve to be happy. You don’t deserve to have anyone knocking at you. You deserve to have a better life.”This, Nancy admits, is what she now tells herself.MARRIAGE AND CONSTANT ABUSE?? ?Nancy met Greg when she was 18. One evening she accompanied a friend to lodge a police report. He started courting her and one year later, Greg ‘got on his knees’ and asked her to be his wife.They wed in September 2007 and soon moved into a house on Laing Avenue, West Ruimveldt but it was three months after that the abuse started. Nancy said she went to visit her mother and had told Greg of this. But when she returned he was displeased. She said the attempt on her part that day to explain herself paved way for a severe trashing which left her with many black-and-blue marks about her body.The ordeal, she recalled, lasted for about an hour and despite her pleas, he continued the beating. She tried to leave the house that night but he refused to let her go, and it was not until he had fallen asleep that night that she managed to sneak out and went to her mother’s place.She moved back in, however,Cheap Jerseys China, with an apologetic Greg.After each fight, she said “It does start with a good treatment for about two or three months.” She recalls being constantly told that he wants the marriage to work, that they wed “for better or for worse.”But the cycle continued.Four months later,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, the fighting started again; this time also because she went out with her mother. This time it was because she went to buy groceries with her and he had returned home before she did.Upset about her outing, he attacked her with his tongue, pressing her to answer why she had gone out for such a “long time” and her answer that she had no friends and chose to spend time with her mother, her only friend, did nothing to appease his anger.Nancy chose to go into the bedroom, but as the door was closing, Greg charged towards her and started hitting her, bashing her on her face and her head. After suffering terrible blows, he took her to the hospital the next morning for treatment.She moved out and Greg came begging, stating that he was willing to undergo counseling. Though his promise never materialized, she moved back in. Three months later, he was at it again and she recalls vividly, the words of those who convinced her she should stay.NO FRIENDS AND INTERVENTIONSGreg did not like the idea of her having any friends.? According to Nancy, who is 15 years younger than Greg,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, she had friends, but over time she lost them because of Greg’s disapproval. “He tell me I can’t have friends and that I don’t have any friends he approves of,<a href="http:/