yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-20 10:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
GINA, The Berbice Bridge Company Inc. (BBCI) said that the decision taken for vessels to pay to pass under was to protect the integrity and is an enforcement of existing laws.The company in a release said that their approach to vessels using the river is wholly governed by the government approved Bridge Regulations made under the ‘The Berbice River Bridge Act (Act No. 3 of 2006)’ as enacted on November 11,China Jerseys Authentic, 2009 and its responsibility to ensure the complete safety of the travelling public, both on the river and on the bridge.The release explained that after the opening of the bridge in December 2008,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, most small vessels such as tugs or barges and some vessels with shaped hulls were allowed to transit under the high span whether north or south bound. However,Wholesale Jerseys China, large vessels were made to book to transit through the retractor opening whether north or south bound.There was a series of incidents that resulted in vessels colliding with the bridge causing damage, some of which were major,Cheap Jerseys USA, to the bridge sub and super structure…there were also incidents in which vessels encountered problems and drifted dangerously close to the Bridge, so that if they had collided with it, major damage would have resulted…as recently as last week, the M.V. Sandaka started drifting dangerously close to the bridge and the relevant authorities, had to be, and were written to about this matter”.BBCI also noted that some of the vessels using the river were unseaworthy with unlicensed pilots and sailors, as such,Cheap NFL Jerseys, due to these incidents, the insurance cost to the bridge has increased significantly.“…with the advent of these regulations, in order to maximise safety for bridge traffic and river traffic, all vessels had to book to transit through the retractor opening”.BBCI said that there were two exceptions, first,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China, the bauxite companies, which had spent millions of US dollars to modify their fleet of vessels so that they can pass under the High Span from the mines to the transshipment basin and vice versa and secondly, vessels carrying sugar. In view of the importance of sugar to the national economy, it was decided that unladen sugar vessels could pass under the high span when southbound, provided the mast(s) were below a certain height. They would however, have to pass through the retractor opening when laden and northbound; all vessels with their mast(s) above a certain height must pass through the retractor opening.“In the latter part of 2011 and during the first quarter of 2012 some sugar vessels developed mechanical problems…on one occasion the propeller of one of the vessels fell off…the construction of these vessels, namely those with shaped hull and single propeller propulsion, increase the risk of collision with the bridge when they are fully laden and could cause significant damage to the cluster piles, pontoons, anchors, panels and transoms, thereby rendering the bridge unfit for its purpose”.“If BBCI allowed unrestricted access through the high span it would not be long before a serious incident occurred which could result in serious injuries to persons and in the prolonged close of the Bridge…BBCI which is owned by major financial institutions and other private sector entities in the country, takes its responsibilities very seriously…every major Bridge of this nature in the world has regulations defining the passage of vessels…it must be emphasised that safety cannot be compromised in anyway…every effort must be made to prevent loss of lives and injuries to those who use the bridge and damage to property”.

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-20 14:27 
– eight-year-old daughter now an orphan Calvin Kellman was probably enjoying a wonderful dream when he was aroused by the sounds of persons calling out his name loudly after 2am yesterday.To say that he was livid would be an understatement, since he could not think of a reason for the interruption, especially at that time of the morning.Angrily, he demanded who they were and although he heard the familiar name of the owner of the taxi service with whom his brother worked,Cheap Jerseys Online, he did not make the connection. Quincy KellmanThe persons who had rudely awakened him–his brother’s ‘bossman’ and another driver attached to the Oasis Taxi Service–were bearers of bad news.“I asked them why dey wake me up. I thought they come to molest me. Then one of them say there was an accident and right away my mind run to my brother and I freeze. I couldn’t holler, I couldn’t move,” Calvin Kellman told this newspaper yesterday, hours after he learnt of his brother Quincy’s death.Quincy Kellman, 38, of Belfield, East Coast Demerara was killed on the spot shortly after 23:00 hrs last night after the driver of an out of control truck smashed headlong into his vehicle on Mandela Avenue.According to reports, Kellman, the father of an eight-year-old daughter was heading west along Mandela Avenue,Nike Air Max 1 For Sale, in the vicinity of B K International, when the truck,Adidas Hockey Jerseys Cheap, which was heading in the opposite direction, veered into his path.There are reports that the driver lost control of his vehicle after overtaking a van and smashed into Kellman’s taxi.The impact was so loud that one resident said that she thought that gunmen were on the attack in the area.The entire front of Kellman’s vehicle, HB 3983, was crumpled like a tin can.His body remained trapped in the wreck for several minutes until ranks from the Guyana Fire Service arrived on the scene and cut through the twisted metal.News of his death was relayed to his immediate relatives and there was an outpouring of emotion, with everyone describing the dead taxi driver as one of the most generous persons they have met.Kellman’s sister-in-law Alexis recalled the last moments he spent with close relatives.It was as if he knew his time was near, although he showed similar generosity on previous occasions.“He called me on Sunday afternoon and told me to get the children dressed–his daughter and my daughter – too for a drive,” Alexis said.Kellman took them to a supermarket in Mahaica where he allowed the children to “take whatever they want”.“They took a basket and start pulling down like mad. I tried to stop them but he insisted that they take whatever they wanted. The children wanted to stay but he had to go because he had to pick up somebody at the airport. The last thing he did was hug and kiss them,” Alexis Kellman told Kaieteur News.As he was leaving,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Kellman’s daughter again insisted that he stay a little longer with her but he assured her that he would return home early yesterday morning to take her to school.For the little girl,Wholesale NHL Jerseys 2020, her father’s death is the second major blow in four years. Her mother was shot dead during a bandit raid on a travelling circus in Berbice.“She is crying all the time,Jerseys NFL Wholesale,” Alexis Kellman said.Meanwhile, the driver of the truck remains in police custody awaiting charges.