yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-30 08:14 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Minister of Public Security Khemraj Ramjattan has dispatched police and army ranks to Berbice, and to the Corentyne, in particular, in a bid to stem the rise in violent crime in the county.The Minister made the disclosure yesterday while speaking to journalists at the Ministry of the Presidency. He also said that police patrols will be increased in other ‘high crime’ areas.“We have sent down a unit from the Joint Special Operations Group, (JSOG) made up of army and police officials, we have sent up also a number of members from the SWAT team and a team from the Special Crimes Unit. The Special Crimes Unit is based in ‘A’ Division and is behind the solving of several murders in recent months, including the murder two Thursdays ago of cash crop farmer Pamela Kendall.“So… it is not just doing patrols but the detective work, and it is this detective work that is apparently paying off in No.45 (Village, Berbice) where we now have evidence literally that it was the husband that was involved, rather than anybody else,cheap nfl jerseys china,” Ramjattan said.“And it is that kind of quality work that we would want to see the police do. Though there might be lots of social reasons for the high crime rate, we also have to strengthen the police work, and as part of that the professionalism is required, and I am pleading with policemen that the training we are getting…they must inculcate that training.“But Minister Ramjattan said that police ranks must also “do a piece of inward stretching so that they can outwardly reach.”“They have to do their own self-learning. A lot of police go to these workshops and feel that is the end of the matter. There must be continuing learning,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, there must be continuing education, by tapping into websites on journals on policing,China Jerseys Cheap, on administration and police methods; and I am pleading with them so that we can make better detectives of those who are detectives.”“We are on our way. I hope that in time we will see a reduction. It is not ‘T 20 cricket’ when it comes to crime reduction, we have to better the institutions, we have to do more work with the individual policemen,Aleix Vidal Jersey, and at a larger level, getting job creation, so that the young people can get jobs.”So bear with us, and we will do a better job come 2016.”Expressing the view that enhancing the conditions under which ranks work will lead to improved performance, the Public Security Minister said that Government has allocated funds just under $200M to equip police ranks with “better guns, more ammunition, patrol vehicles, ten more 4×4 pickups, about 50 more motorcycles, a number of bicycles, and lots more motor vehicles…”Stating that police have been receiving “sickening” treatment, Ramjattan noted that funds have also been allocated for the rehabilitation of police stations.“You need better conditions for policemen. If they go in and their toilets are in a mess,Cheap Jerseys, or their bedroom facilities are shabby, they are not going to perform,Carmelo Anthony Jersey, and so over a long period of time they have sickening kinds of treatment.”

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-30 12:45 
Another team of British Police trainers is in the country to continue working with local operatives to bring them up to standard with international anti-crime operations.The training will be focusing on ranks from the Police’s Tactical Services Unit, which will be expected to confront criminals in any given situation.This is in keeping with establishing what many have been describing as a local SWAT team, something that has been long awaited.Acting Police Commissioner Henry Greene expressed thanks on behalf of the Force for the assistance given to the organization through the security sector reform programme.“We’re looking forward to their bringing up our people, our tactical ranks,Cheap Shoes Australia Online, to the stage where we can involve ourselves in any operation,Nike Air Max 2019 Outlet, and involve ourselves well, so that we maintain the fact that we can face any group out there effectively and successfully, and we look forward to their help and their support in that respect,” Greene said.Head of Police Operations, Assistant Commissioner Paul Slowe,Dicount 2019 Air Max Free Shipping, explained that this is the second phase of training for a special Police anti-crime unit,Alcides Escobar Venezuela Jersey, and it will focus mainly on training persons, who will then be required to train others within the local organization.“They have come to continue the exercise, where they will be involved in tactical training with the ranks from the TSU. The plan at this stage is to train the ranks who are involved in training, so that when they (British) would have left, the people who would have been trained will continue to train those in the Force,” Slowe told this newspaper.He stated that some aspects of the training are similar to those of a Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit,Alex Bregman USA Jersey, since it is tactically oriented.The British team will be in Guyana for a period of about three weeks, and according to Slowe,Wholesale Adidas Shoes China, they will concentrate on the local trainers. It is the intention of the Guyana Police Force to have as many ranks as possible involved in the British training programme.“They are doing some scoping and putting plans together…they are going to be starting very shortly,” Assistant Commissioner Slowe disclosed.

無頭像
yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-30 12:49 
When Courtney Crum-Ewing was questioned by the police for using a toilet attached to the Chambers of Attorney General (AG) and Minister of Legal Affairs,Alex Bregman USA Jersey, Anil Nandlall one week ago, many viewed the course of action taken by the law enforcement officers as a little bizarre.But despite this, Crum- Ewing, a former Officer of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) continues to pride himself in conducting a one-man protest exercise outside the AG’s Chambers on Carmichael Street, Georgetown. He has been carrying out the demonstration for a few weeks, citing offensive remarks made by the AG during a recorded telephone conversation with a senior Kaieteur News Reporter.For the past month, Crum-Ewing has stood in front the AG’s office calling for his dismissal, making reference to the conversation in which Nandlall was heard attempting to solicit sexual favours on behalf of a relative and hinting that there was an imminent, sinister plot against Kaieteur News Publisher, Glenn Lall and his staff.Courtney Crum- Ewing during a protest in front of the AG‘s OfficeCrum–Ewing continues to maintain his stance that the actions of the AG are nothing short of shameful and that he should be dealt with condignly.“I have three daughters,World Baseball Classic Jerseys Outlet, a mother, a sister and many female relatives that I care about… so I feel strongly about this issue,” the man passionately expressed.He believes that it is his civic duty to sensitize the public, even if that means carrying out a lone protest exercise in front of the AG’s Office until the right course of action is taken and Nandlall is removed from office.However, on December 5th Crum- Ewing found himself in hot water, after he ventured into the compound that houses the AG’s chambers and opted to use a toilet in the public building.Crum-Ewing said that he was given permission to use the facility by a security guard and receptionist but was later subjected to police interrogation.Crum- Ewing was asked to visit the Brickdam Police Station, where he was questioned and he provided a statement about what took place in the toilet and how he ended up there.The man was not charged but was told to return to the station on December 8, last.One week after he found himself in trouble with the law for what appeared to be a frivolous matter,Nike Shoes Womens Clearance, Mr. Crum-Ewing is once again facing a similar situation.On Thursday last, the demonstrator received similar instructions from the police. He was asked to visit the Police Station at Brickdam,Nike Air Max 2019 Outlet, where he spent five hours.“I sat on the bench at the station and waited from 11 am to 4 pm on Thursday …I asked the officers why I was there, what my crime was? They told me that they were waiting for instructions from upstairs to charge me,” Crum–Ewing stated.The man was subsequently placed on self-bail and told he needed to report to the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court on Friday morning to answer a charge for breaching the peace.Attorney General Anil NandlallThe father of three told this newspaper that when he turned up at the court last Friday in the company of his Attorney James Bond, he was informed that no charge was laid against him.Crum–Ewing said that he left the court and returned to his business of protesting the AG’s office, still adamant in his stance.When asked about the driving force behind his actions to this point, Crum- Ewing said that the course of action is “long overdue.”“It is the arrogance of those in authority that motivates me…How can the President profess that they all stand in solidarity with a man who clearly has no respect for the women of his country?”He went on to say, “If you listen to that tape, it is appalling. I let it play in public transportation that I use every day and people listen to it.”When asked what he expects will be the result of his picketing exercise, the man told this newspaper that he expects Nandlall would resign at some point. Crum-Ewing expressed that “Guyanese are very aware of the lawlessness and we are fed up…? It is just that the political culture does allow the average Guyanese to express themselves without being victimized.”“Many people pass me there on a daily basis and blow their horns in approval,Air Max 270 Womens Australia, offer me words of encouragement, a thumbs-up for what I am doing… I believe a vast majority of citizens feel that this is the way; that is also another motivating factor,Clearance Nike Shox Mens,” he added.As it relates to the issue with the police, the demonstrator is uncertain what course of action