yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-16 16:03 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Sharmain GraingerIt isn’t rare for a mother and daughter to develop a bond that is strong enough for them to become best friends. It could, however, be deemed a rarity if they met each other after almost 47 years and develop that very bond.Glowing mother and daughter. Bernice Bobb (left) and her mother Carmen Bobb, share a hug.There may be quite a few cases like this, however one that gained the attention of this publication recently is that of Bernice Bobb-Carter and her mother Carmen Bobb.Bobb-Carter was born on December 5, 1967 to Randolph and Carmen Bobb. The latter mentioned is currently 71 years of old. The two were separated when Bobb-Carter was just over one-year old.It certainly wasn’t the very young Bernice’s choice to be taken away from her mother. Interestingly enough it wasn’t the older Bobb’s choosing either. However, this didn’t mean that persons weren’t told this was in fact the case.But Bobb-Carter revealed recently that she would learn many years later that it was really her father, Randolph Bobb, who caused her to be separated from her mother. He essentially left her in the care of strangers when she was just a tot. Her parents, she was told, had marital issues and could no longer stay together.It might have been a bitter separation, as reports suggest that her father had put measures in place to separate Bobb-Carter, not only from her mother, but from her biological family altogether.A BITTERSWEET TALEA very pensive Bobb-Carter recounted her story during a recent interview with me. It turned out to be a bittersweet tale.She was raised by an elder couple – Margaret Barry and Joseph Griffith,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, who lived in Canje, Berbice. Bobb-Carter recalled that as soon as she was old enough, the couple informed her of how she happened to be in their care.“They told me all they knew. By the time I was seven or eight they told me they were not my parents. They told me that my mom went away…that is what they said my father told them when he asked them to take care of me,” recalled Bobb-Carter.But she did get to see her father perhaps once or twice as a child, while in the care of her foster parents.Based on the little that they shared, Bobb-Carter knew that her father hailed from Essequibo, but had moved to Berbice because of his employment at Transport and Harbours. No one,NFL Jerseys Cheap, however,Site Air Max Pas Cher, seem to know anything about her mother.But Bobb-Carter was able to find out eventually that her mother was from Leguan and it was perhaps there that her father had met her. Her father was reportedly over two decades older than her mother and might have been forced to tie the knot.Soon after marriage they reportedly moved to Sheet Anchor, Berbice where Bobb-Carter was reportedly conceived.Reports suggest that Randolph Bobb was rather a ‘ladies man’ and soon lost the trust of his young wife, who simply could bear hearing about his constant infidelity.The way Bobb-Carter heard the story, though, is that her parents separated and soon after her father was ‘shacking up’ with another woman who was very pregnant with his child. But still no one was able to say what became of her mother.“What I heard is that my stepmother couldn’t handle taking care of me and her newborn child and so my father decided to just give me away to this old couple,” Bobb-Carter disclosed.The couple had about eight adult children and some of their grandchildren were around the same age with Bobb-Carter.While her father stayed in Berbice for a while, he later moved away and left without his young daughter. One of the few times he visited her, Bobb-Carter recalled that “he took me to spend a weekend with his (new) family and kept me for a week instead. At the time he was living at West Dem (Region Three) and I was so accustomed to the old couple that I started to cry for him to take me back home (Berbice),” recounted Bobb-Carter.He took her back to the couple in Berbice. That was however the last time she would see him.His disappearance, however, did not make raising the young Bobb-Carter a very easy task as, according to her, her father left no official documents; not even a birth certificate.Although she was allowed to attend primary school with a baptism certificate, she was not permitted to write Common Entrance and therefore was not placed at a secondary level school.She did, however, have a love for cooking and was enrolled in cooking classes by her foster parents so that she could improve her skills.Every now and then she was plagued by thoughts about her mother. But her loving foster parents were always enough to appease her desire to find out more.However, by the time she was of age and ready to tie the knot, the woes of not having a birth certificate would again surface. Her foster parents certainly did their best to help. The only informatio