yueyrt1py8
『花海』會員

帖子 22495
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2423
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-25 17:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Dr. Rupert RoopnaraineBy Kiana WilburgWhile the Shadow Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment, Dr. Rupert Roopnaraine, of A Partnership for National Unity (APNU), does not dispel the notion that other Shadow Ministers are not functioning in their capacity effectively, he opines that if this is the case, it would likely be as a result of the fact that many of them are hindered by insufficient resources.Dr. Rupert RoopnaraineMany supporters of the political faction are of the view that some Shadow Ministers are not serving their purpose while others are purely relying on the strengths of others. It is also the opinion of some political activists that some of the Shadow Ministers interfere too much in the work of their colleagues, thus preventing the public from really seeing the aptitude of the persons representing them.It is upon this background that members of the political arena are making a call for Shadow Ministers on the whole to be more proactive.“I don’t think the ministers are doing enough, much less the shadows. A lot of my colleagues have their own jobs and we don’t have the staff and the capacity to shadow the respective ministers. We don’t have in the opposition the capacity to deal with some of these issues and we have to get a system that can allocate resources,” Dr. Roopnaraine asserted.Moreover,NFL Jerseys Outlet, the APNU parliamentarian on the other hand, had proposed a National Flood Control Plan,Cheap Jerseys, with input from a group of expert engineers and outspoken APNU MP, Joseph Harmon.This Control Plan, according to Roopnaraine,Cheap Nike Air Max 1, is intended to carve out a solution to Guyana’s atrocious drainage system which has led to many floods. He said it reflects APNU’s policy and position on how they believe the issue should be dealt with.“I don’t believe that we should be fighting about core social and national issues such as the poor drainage problem. Solutions to the issue should be clearly defined and we believe that these systems can only be strengthened by sitting down and consulting over these issues.”“I am responsible for shadowing two ministers,Cheap Jerseys Store, Minister of Natural Resources, Robert Persaud and Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy. I engage with them on a regular basis, and this is to be able to effectively contribute to our policies in these areas. Whether it is in the area of poor drainage or rice cultivation, I believe we must be prepared to have our own ideas ready for them (the government).But in light of the aforementioned,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic, the Shadow Minister was informed that it is the belief of many that the other Shadows are not vocal enough on their plan for their individual fields. And he essentially agreed.“For example, the numbers of responses we have made to, particularly, security situations do belong to an overall vision to what security is all about, but I do believe that we need to do more. We have clear ideas on security, but we have not been able to contribute as much as we would have liked to, largely because of our position with the Home Affairs Minister, Clement Rohee, and our refusal to ask him any question in Parliament.”The politician added, “But I would say if you look at APNU’s manifesto, you will see clear policy guidelines in a number of these areas, but as it relates to an updated plan on specific issues like security, I would say that it is probably in people’s heads and not properly documented. I believe that is something we will have to look at.”“We will have to bring forward our policy papers again and update them in the light of experience, and what has been happening, and put out a set of renewed policy documents.”